Library 100+ Workshops
New semester starts! The Library leads your way in learning and research to success!
As for paving your way to success in future, we have prepared one hundred and more workshops in this semester. Through joining the activity, library users can improve their abilities to use the Library's resources effectively for study.
kindly contact us for any inquiry or suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will get a small souvenir. All are welcome!
Please click the workshop title for registration.
1. Library Orientation and Library Search
- Library Orientation (Monday - Friday, 23 Aug - 20 Sep 2016, except public holidays)
- Better Use of Library's Catalog (7 Oct, 10 Nov 2016)
- Where to Start Your Search: A Comparison of Google, Google Scholar, Library Search and Subject Databases (18 Oct 2016)
- Full text retrieval through Library resources and services (7 Oct, 10 Nov 2016)
- eMiner - How to Conduct Qualitative Research Using an Online Content Analysis Platform (5 Oct 2016)
2. Library Databases
- An Introduction to MLA International Bibliography (1 Nov 2016)
- An Introduction to Project Muse (25 Oct 2016)
- EBSCOhost (+ Inspec) and EBSCO Discovery Service (21 Sep, 22 Sep 2016)
- Finding Banking & Financial Information with Bankscope, Osiris and Zephyr (6 Sep 2016)
- Finding Economic Data with CEIC Data (26 Sep 2016)
- Finding Legal & Company Information with LexisNexis and Lexis.com (22 Sep, 23 Sep 2016)
- Finding Legal Documents with WestlawNext (27 Sep 2016)
- Finding News and Company Information with Wisers (2 Sep 2016)
- Gale Primary Sources and Gale Online Databases and eBooks (24 Oct 2016)
- Library Search on Conference Papers and Dissertations (20 Oct, 28 Oct 2016)
- 中國知網及中國統計年鑑數據庫 (12 Oct 2016)
- 法學資源導覽 (13 Sep 2016, 15 Sep 2016)
- Empowering Your Research with Taylor & Francis Online (20 Feb, 21 Feb 2017)
3. Citation Indexes, Citation Styles and Tools
- Improving Your Research with Web of Science (19 Oct 2016)
- InCites Journal Citation Reports and Essential Science Indicators (19 Oct 2016)
- Research with Citation Index Databases (20 Oct, 27 Oct 2016)
- APA Style Essentials (11 Oct 2016)
- MLA Style Essentials (12 Oct, 14 Oct 2016)
- Using Citation Tool: EndNote Web (19 Oct 2016)
- Using Citation Tool: EndNote X7 Desktop (21 Sep, 29 Sep 2016)
- Using Citation Tool: NEW RefWorks (20 Sep, 28 Sep, 6 Oct 2016)
4. Writing and Publishing
- How to Publish Articles on Cambridge Journals and Cambridge Core (17 Oct, 18 Oct 2016)
- A Guide to Getting Published - from an International Publisher's Perspectives (26 Oct 2016)
- Using Plagiarism Detection Tools: Turnitin and Veriguide (27 Oct, 28 Oct 2016)
- Use the Work of Others: How and When to Cite (13 Oct 2016)