"Good Book Exchange" is an annual activity held in the Library to promote reading habits. The purpose is to encourage UM members to share their good books on their bookshelves with other members of the University community.
Organizer:University of Macau Library
Duration of the Activity:1 January to 31 December 2015
Time & Location:10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Reference Desk of UM Library (except public holidays)
How to participate:
- Participants have to bring their books for exchange to the Reference Desk of UM Library for scoring. Participants will be given a stamped scorecard. With this scorecard, participants may collect books of values corresponding with the values on their scorecards within the activity period.
- Scoring Method: ONE stamp for every MOP10/HKD10/RMB10. Less than 10 dollars will be rounded off. Foreign currency will be converted into MOP according to the Library’s rating chart. Each book is counted individually.
- Book without price indication is counted as MOP10.
Things to note:
- Maximum of 30 books for each participant.
- All books brought for exchange must be in good shape.
- The scorecard is only valid until 31 December 2015.
- After the activity, the UM Library has the right to confiscate the leftover books and participants must not make any objections or ask for books return.
Books that cannot be exchanged:
Books that are reference books (encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc), textbooks, periodicals, indecent publications, books related to religion and IT, comics, promoting materials, pirated or free publications, damaged or daubed books, etc.
For inquiries, please call:
University of Macau Library: 8822 8170